The official blog for Bank of England Mortgage
Click an article to read more
The peak time to buy and sell homes is in the summer months. When fall arrives people want to start settling down getting ready for school and the holiday season. But this doesn’t mean there are plenty of people still wanting to sell. Meaning you can take your time when choosing a home without the worry of it getting snatched up.
Either their house was on the market for a multiple months even through the peak season or they are wanting to move before the year's end. Both scenarios make for a seller that is willing to negotiate especially if you can comply with their schedule.
When buying a home you work with a multitude of professionals that get you into your home. Your real estate agents, mortgage lenders, property appraisers, closing attorneys, property insurance agents, and surveyors will have less clients and will get your home processed faster. This also may be a great time for first time home buyers so they can be walked through the complicated process.
At the end of the year there are sales that you can take advantage of to furnish your new home. Black Friday is a great example of a day to get deals on some bigger appliances that you may need. You can even wait till after the New Year and get deals from people trying to declutter their homes.
A small thing that will make the moving process better is you will not be melting from the summer heat. Fall temperatures make the heavy lifting and constant in and out of the house more enjoyable. You can also make your new home extra cozy with fall decor and candles.
• First-Time Homebuyer Tips
• Transition Your Porch or Patio from Summer to Fall
• A Loan that Works For You
• What’s Included in my Mortgage Payment?
• COVID-19 Impacts the Mortgage Industry
• Freshen up your house for the Market
• Tax Breaks Ease the Cost of a Mortgage
• Building Your Credit
• Winter Checklist
• Thanksgiving Party on a Budget
• Are You on Track to Meet Your Financial Goals?
• Save Money While Fully Embracing Fall
• A Checklist for All First Time Home Buyers
• Summer Home
• Get Ready for Summer
• Pre-Qualification vs. Pre-Approval
• Swing into Action | Count on Us!
• Shamrock Plant Care | Year-Round Tips
• Tax breaks ease the cost of mortgage
• New Year, Bold Beginnings
• Holiday Party Tips
• Perks of Shopping for a Home in the Winter
• Keep Your Home Warm This Winter!
• Planning, Saving, Investing & Home Equity
• Mortgage Rates and Buying Behaviors
• Human Mortgage in a Digital World
• It's all about the Curb Appeal
• You Design it, We Finance it!
• Swing Into Action!
• Spring into action - Tips on Homebuying
• Show your home a little Valentine's Day Love
• Spring Clean Your Finances
• Early Bird Filing Guide
• Indoor Winter House Cleaning & Organizing
• Perks of Owning a Green Home
• Guide to the Home Appraisal Process
• Down Payments Made Easy
• Back-to-School Survivial Guide
• Top Confusing Mortgage Terms Explained
• Mortgage Shopping Mistakes to Avoid
• Selecting The Right Mortgage Lender
• Moving Tips
• Should You Buy a Home or Rent?
• Credit Do's and Don'ts in the Mortgage Approval Process
• Make a Good Impression
• Mortgages By The Numbers
• Holiday Party Do's for Success
• Purchasing a home in winter could save you BIG $$